Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The Plan, The Plan


So, precious readers, though I don't know who you are, I do know that you are there because I have looked at my "Stats" page and I am impressed.  I am not surprised that some folks from the United States have read my posts, what did impress me was that I have readers in Germany, and even 1 in Latvia.  SWEET!

Yesterday, I posted that I have a plan.  I got the line-up figured out.  This is what you all have to look forward to.

First:  Mondays are for Motivating or Get Moving Mondays
     Mondays, I will be posting ways to stay motivated, quotes that move and inspire me, or various exercises that I'm doing, going to try, or are interested in trying.  Feel free to chime in with your own suggestions.

Second:  Grati-Tuesdays, Check Your Atti-Tuesday, or AltiTuesday (depending on what mood I'm in).
     Grati-Tuesdays will be about things for which I have to be grateful, or what it means to be grateful.  There are so many things in this world to be grateful for, I think they ought to be mentioned.
     Check Your Atti-Tuesdays.  From time to time, everyone needs an attitude adjustment.  I will be posting those things that have been helpful in keeping me in check.  Be ready for some "ouch" factor.
     Alti-Tuesday.  When I think of altitude, I think of the heights:  mountain tops, birds on the wing, moments that have left me feeling high as a kite, or have left me wanting more and more of God and what He wants for my life (which, by default, has to mean less of my own way).

Third:  Worshipful Wednesday, or "Winds-Day" (since the blog is called "Breezes" and Blooms)
     Worshipful Wednesdays are going to be dedicated to the hymns I grew up listening to and singing in my Papaw's church, New Liberty Presbyterian Church, in Simpson, IL.  They have a great group of people there, and the hymns they sing, though I thought they were boring when I was younger, have come to mean a great deal to me, now that I'm older and I understand what they really mean.
     Winds-Days will be about the winds of change and how they blow into our lives; sometimes coming in like a lion and going out like a lamb, sometimes, blowing and swirling around us to the point that we think we will be caught up and carried away.  However, we have a refuge, a place to go during the stormy times, where we know we can be sheltered.  These posts will be about finding shelter in the cleft of The Rock (and I don't mean Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson).

Fourth:  Thoughtful Thursdays, Thirsty Thursdays, or Thrifty Thursdays
     Thoughtful Thursdays - take some time to think about people you don't see everyday.  Those people who are a part of your life, but not everyday.  Call them up, let them know you were thinking about them.  Reconnect with old friends.  Call up your Great Aunt Suzie.  Thoughtful Thursdays will be dedicated to reminiscing about the people who have helped shape me into the person that I am today.  And, hopefully, to getting you to do the same thing.
     Thirsty Thursdays - Think John 4:14.  "...but whoever drinks of the water that I give him will never be thirsty again.  The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life."  Or else, it will be about drink recipes that I have found that I would like to try, recipes for mixes you can make and give as gifts, or drinks to share with friends with whom you really ought to spend more time.
     Thrifty Thursdays will bring budget tips, recipes that will help you stretch your grocery dollar, and various time/money saving projects you can tackle yourself, all designed to help you feel more like the mom you always thought you'd like to be, or want to be and thought you didn't have time to be.  In this section, I will also include profiles of various friends who have developed their own handy ways of homemaking/money-saving/consignment sale shopping, etc., as well as different websites from which you can borrow tips and tricks to help you in your attempts to live on your own budget.

Fifth:  Fret Not Fridays, Friendly Fridays, or (since I like to travel) Frommer's Fridays
     Finally - we come to Friday!  Gotta love Fridays!
     Fret Not Fridays boil down to one saying:  "If you pray, why worry?  If you worry, why pray?"
     Friendly Fridays - think "Random Acts of Kindness" - Things you can do to make someone else's day a little brighter, anonymously, or otherwise.  And why it's important.
     And probably one of my favorites will be Frommer's Fridays.  Everyone likes to dream about the places they'd like to go.  I know there are plenty of places in the world I'd like to see, and I am thoroughly convinced that I can find something of beauty everywhere I go, if I just take the time to look for it!  That's what this post will be about.  Also, I will include snippets from a book that I bought and like to flip through occasionally, called:  "Frommer's 500 Places Where You Can Make a Difference"  Then, if you can't make it to any of the places high-lighted, I'll drop links to sites that will direct you to places you can volunteer in your own area, so you can begin to implement your own plan to better the world you live in!  Remember, we all have the responsibility to leave the world a little better than it was when we found it.


NOW - Since it is Tuesday.  I am going to talk about gratitude and what I'm grateful for.  Sorry, but this is going to be a bit of a cop-out.  Why do I say that?  Every thing that you just finished reading is what I am grateful for today.  I have needed a plan and have been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with this blog.  Now I've got it!!!  So, I am grateful for having a plan and at least some semblance of direction during a time of my life when things seem to be so "up-in-the-air."

So, once again, Thank you for your Indulgence,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment