Monday, February 6, 2012

Finally, A Plan!!

I have been wondering what to do with my blog in terms of posting, as I do not have any kind of schedule, and virtually no plan.  Nobody wants to read the meanderings and ramblings of a bored housewife who doesn't know what she wants to say.  So, there has to be a purpose.  This has been my goal since the start of the new year.  Of course, you can't really tell it by looking at the number of entries I've posted.

Well, now I finally have it.

Thanks to a Pinterest post based on the book One Thousand Gifts, by Ann Voskamp, the website aholyexperience.com and the website: http://onethousandgifts.com/gifts-for-youI will now be posting about my own 1000 Gifts and the impact they are having on my life.  Mine is not the only blog to do this I know.  I have seen many others, but have not, as yet, linked to theirs.  That is also in my plan.

Furthermore, I will begin to have different "days" - much like many other bloggers I've seen.  My goal is to make this something that people will want to check in on, rather than something they look at and say, "Oh..."  So, for now, all I am sure about is "What I'm Reading Wednesday."  Maybe, Inspirational Mondays.  I know, for a fact, that I do not have plans for Saturdays and Sundays, as those are family time and will not be interrupted by blogging.  Why be on the computer cataloging my days to people who don't live with me, when I can be spending that time with the people who do?

So, beginning today, the challenge is "3 things outside" that I am thankful for.

It's winter here in MD.  I love winter.  I can always put on enough clothes to get warm, but I can't always take off enough to cool off.  So bring on the cooler temperatures!

Today, what I found to be thankful for is:

frost covered grass, naked trees, the crossing guards that help our children cross the streets safely, a singular frost covered leaf glistening in the sunlight, and a pile of wood sitting outside our back door that my sons collected with my husband for family nights around the grill spent burning wood (because we like fire), roasting marshmallows, and grilling yummy food

More will follow..

Thanks for your indulgence,
Patty

No comments:

Post a Comment