Friday, March 29, 2013

A Happy Easter Mail Call from my man! God is so good!


MAIL CALL!  MAIL CALL!  GUESS WHO GOT ANOTHER LETTER TODAY!!  This time Rabbit wrote something he wanted me to with everyone.  Please enjoy.

The Cross

People watch as I stare at a blank wall or look up to the sky and ask me, "Why do you not worship the cross?"  I explain as simply as I can: "I do not follow a cross, that is simply a symbol to remind me!"

I follow a man that was strong enough to continue on, even when people beat him, shred his skin, and broke his bones.  He was strong enough to continue when they spit on Him and called Him names, even strong enough to endure being nailed to a cross to be displayed without clothes or mercy.  He even stayed strong when they pierced his side with a spear.  Why?  He did it for me!

I follow a King that was humble enough to eat with prostitutes, the sick, the poor, and even the hated.  He was humble enough to get on His hands and knees to wash His servants feet.  Yet, He still never once forgot the importance of a child's love.  He was so humble that He announced His coming glory from atop a donkey's colt.  Why?  He did it to show His love for me!

I follow a God that was meek enough to come to earth as a man.  He was meek enough to allow the one who would betray Him, not only to live, but to succeed in his vile plans, even though He knew about it all before any of it took place.  He was meek enough to allow Himself to be tortured and crucified, even though He had command of 10,000 angels.  Why?  He did this to pay for my mistakes and sins, even though He had none of his own.

You see, I do not follow a cross; I follow a man, who was a King, who was God!  His name is Jesus and He died and rose again for me and for you!  The cross is to remind, not to be worshiped.  Thank You God!

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!  Remember, we serve a risen Savior!

No comments:

Post a Comment